Different people look for different things in an online casino, of course a lawyer looks at a online gambling website in a totally different way than a e.g.: politician, a competitor – the owner of a rival casino, an employee of a casino, a gambling blogger writing casino reviews (that’s me) or an ordinary player (that is also me, playing online for 15+ years). As an ordinary player (and these casino reviews were written for the ordinary players), the most important thing you want to know about an online casino is whether it is the best one for you or not. And that’s really easy to determine, easier than most people think, you only need the following.
What makes an online casino the best for a player:
- Location – you need to know whether the casino accepts players from your location, country of residence (that’s why this is the first section in every casino review, really the most important thing).
- Legitimacy – you will win, eventually, even if you are playing just for the entertainment value, you will win, maybe even win big, and of course you would like to receive your winnings. That’s why it is imperative to know how to tell a legitimate, legally operating casino with a license from an impostor, scam site. Because in an illegally operating scam casino you will never see your winning (it’s very easy btw. look for a gambling license, usually at the bottom of the website, on this website only legally operating, properly licensed casinos are being reviewed, it’s always mentioned in the reviews, if you don’t find the licence ask customer support or leave a comment below I check it for you).
- Games – regardless of what type of games are you looking for, the quality and quantity, especially in your preferred category is of utmost importance, this is the main thing that distinguishes one casino from another, and long term, this is one of the most important aspects for any player.
- Depositing and withdrawal methods – once you have chosen an online casino, that accepts players from your country, then of course you need to be able to put money on your account and receive your winnings, for people in certain countries (e.g.: certain countries block the use of credit cards for gambling or throttle the transactions) this is a make-or-break in their decision process.
And that’s it, this all you need to pay attention to be able compare the various online casinos and make an informed decision.
Extra: There are also other smaller aspects I like to investigate too in my casino reviews, these, maybe, depending on your play-style, habits, can be entirely not relevant, uninteresting to you. But if relevant you can still find them at the bottom of every casino review I make. And these smaller secondary aspects are:
Live support chat, VIP, loyalty program, mobile compatibility, other reviews&scandals, casino bonuses, promotions offered – for the details check the individual reviews.
If you are not interested in the details, the nitty-gritty of online casino reviews, and how we compare casinos in the reviews, then you can find the list of online casino reviews at the bottom of this page, click here to jump there.
The least interesting element of an online casino to players is the legal entity behind the casino. But! There is one thing a player definitely needs to check, and that is whether the gambling platform, or more precisely the company operating it has a licence. It’s not hidden by all means, companies are usually proud of it, and all of them displays it on their website (usually at the bottom of the site, near terms and conditions, in the so called “footer” region). That’s the most important thing to check for new players, and we check the license in every review on this site.
Casino software from third party software companies
It’s a lesser known fact by most players that casinos don’t create their own games. About 95% of them just license the games of third party developers (the ones that do make their own games are usually the biggest and best casinos, it’s definitely a good sign if the casino goes that extra mile and produces their own games too). That is the reason why you see the same games everywhere, if you’ve been wandering. Casinos also inflate their list of games with really old, ugly and not mobile compatible games well, so apart from the quantity the quality is just, if not more important. In the reviews we analyze both the quantity and quality of the games in each of the reviewed casinos.
Shared services center customer support
Most people assume online casinos have their own customer support staff, a group of people work there in the customer support department answering questions, emails, phone calls etc. This is far from the reality. Very few online casinos have their own customer support team, only the biggest, and even they have pooled, shared customer support, where one team does the support for 5-6 different online casinos of the same company. The rest is outsourced to so called shared services centers (yes, that’s why you sometimes get the feeling that people who never even played in an online casino and definitely don’t know anything about online gambling are answering your questions and tickets….., because that’s what really happens). These shared, outsourced service centers usually do the loyalty, rewards programs as well. Regardless of the “peculiarities” of the world of the shared services centers (which is industry standard unfortunately) , having any sort of 24/7, preferably live customer support is a must for any online casino, which wishes to be taken seriously.
Not everyone can or wants to use credit cards playing in online casinos, so alternative forms of payment are becoming more and more important for online casinos and the players. Due to the increasing importance, and the increasing regulation of international transactions it has been escalated from a secondary aspect to a primary attribute in the reviews as well to reflect this change.
|You, the player. Have fun and good luck.|
List of casino reviews
These are all the casino reviews on this website. I’m a registered member in all of these online casino networks, I’m also an active player and part of the loyalty program of many of these casinos (not VIP though, and some of them don’t have any loyalty program). I have played, lost, and won money (in some of these casinos I have won over $45 K over the years, but never more than $10 K at once). All of these casinos are properly licensed, legally operating online gambling platforms that you can trust with your money.
BGO Entertainment Group (does not accept players from the USA):
- Bgo casino review <— score: 8.5/10, I recommend this one from this group, this is the main casino, the best this group has to offer, more and better games than the rest, 1000+ games and sports betting too
- Vegasluck casino review 6/10
- 7casino review 6/10
- Chili casino review 6/10
- Powerspins casino review 6/10
Lotus Player Club Casinos (they accept players from the USA):
- Black Lotus Casino <— score: 7/10, I recommend this one from this group, this is the main casino of the group, most of the others are neglected, almost abandoned spin-offs with less games and bad customer reviews, this is the best choice in this group
- Lotus Asia Casino – 5.5/10, okay
- Lucky Creek Casino 2.5/10, avoid, neglected, almost abandoned, will be merged into the main casino very soon
- Treasure Mile Casino Review 5.5/10, okay
- Mandarin Palace – 5.5/10, okay
- Big Dollar Casino – 2.5/10, avoid, neglected, almost abandoned, will be merged into the main casino very soon
- Grand Eagle Casino 2.5/10, avoid, neglected, almost abandoned, will be merged into the main casino very soon
Betsson Group (does not accept players from the USA):
- Betsson casino score: <— 10/10, the main gambling platform of this group, sports betting + poker + 1500 casino games, the best gambling platform on the website right now
- Casino Euro score: 8/10, no sports betting or poker, just casino games, but does not have more casino games than Betsson or Betsafe
- Betsafe score: 10/10, just as good as Betsson, same, sports betting + poker +1500 casino games, pretty good choice too, second best casino on the website
BetOnline Group (they accept players from the USA):
- BetOnline score: <— 7.5/10, sports betting+poker+casino, best one in the group, best US gambling platform on the website
- Sportsbetting.ag score: 6.5/10
- Wild Casino score: 6/10, no poker or sports betting
Gamble responsibly, good luck.
Last updated: 2020-06-05